You’ve seen his portrait at the top of this website for the past month. You’ve wondered about him. And now, you finally get to meet him!
Johny Thompson is our newest Marriage and Family Therapist Intern at Relationships For Better! Johny is known around our graduate school as an “all-around good guy” who is personable, warm, and trustworthy. We are so excited to have him on our Therapy team!
My name is Johny Thompson, and I am a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern with a passion to see people thrive. I graduated from Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena with a Masters of Science in Marital and Family Therapy in 2012 and a Masters in Theology and Ministry in 2014. In addition to my schooling and clinical experience, I am a certified Family Wellness Instructor and have had extensive specialized training in a marriage and family therapy model known as Restoration Therapy.
The services I provide include:
- Individual, Couple and Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Educational Groups
- Teaching Seminars
And, my particular areas of interest include:
- Helping families through seasons of distress, including divorce;
- Equipping parents with tools and insights for effective parenting;
- Working with premarital couples and couples working through relational conflict towards deeper love, trust and intimacy;
- Walking with individuals dealing with depression, anxiety, grief (loss of life, relationship, health, etc…) and issues having to do with transitions in life or faith.
One of my greatest passions in life is helping families, couples, and individuals move forward towards experiencing more satisfying and nurturing relationships and finding a place of greater personal wholeness and peace. This happens, in large part, as individuals become aware of destructive patterns of belief and behavior and gain the insights and tools needed to allow them to begin to engage in restorative patterns of love and trust with self and others.
As you make the very important decision of who to choose as a Therapist, it would be my honor and privilege to come along side you as you journey towards restoration.
Sincerely – Your advocate,
Johny Thompson, MFTI